Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dear Bob

Dear Robert Lutz

It was summer of 1977. The summer of “Star Wars.” I won a statewide highschool art competition. The prize was a 3-month paid internship at Chrysler Corp's Highland Park, MI headquarters, where I was taught the basics of industrial design.

That's where I really got my education in drawing cars, airplanes and other things industrial.

Everything else I draw, architecture, clothing, etc..., I picked up from other artists by way of TV, movies, books, and human contact...simple observation.

Now, I am unemployed after working in advertising for 29 years. It would be great if you have a place in your organization for me. I have a vivid imagination and I'm quite versatile, even though I'm not a techie.

Thanks,
David W. Smith

p.s. I know you're also a pilot with a vintage aircraft collection. (I've always loved airplanes)









No comments:

Post a Comment